01 January 2006

I’m 31 now.

So this weekend – since I haven’t been here in a while – was pretty good. Morty turned 1 on Friday (with over 19670 miles – ugh!). I was going to take him for a bath and clean up him but I ended up spending the day indoors going through files and receipts for the impending tax filing season. If that wasn’t depressing enough, which let’s face it – it was, I also had to shovel, first 3 inches (during which Charley came up behind and me and was redoing parts of the sidewalk I had already done – thanks, buddy), and then another 2 later that day. So rough b-day for Morty. I’ll make it up to him soon enough. Someday I’ll have enough money for a detail appointment – then boy, won’t he be happy!

Saturday was new years eve, duh. I’m not usually a girl to go out and party it up, esp. in the cities where everything seems to be overpriced for what you get. BUT A&K wanted to go and I wanted to hang with them, so we went to the Lounge. Once we finally got in it was a pretty good time. I got to kiss a boy at midnight, and a little after, which is always fun, K got hit on twice by a girl, A got really drunk, and we all hung out and had a fabulous time (well, the girl left early, much to K’s thankfulness). My friendship with K is growing (at least I hope so) which is great because I love hanging with A and it’s important that K and I get along, otherwise it’ll just be painful. So hopefully we all can hang out more in the future. They are incredible people.

And since it’s January 1, it’s time for the resolutions – or goals for lifestyle changes, as I prefer. I’ve already posted these once so I’m not doing it again. If you REALLY want to read them (they’re boring, trust me), then go here. Otherwise, just know that I’m still working on me as I have been since July and August and that will continue for a while. Someday I’ll be fixed (not like a dog gets fixed, but in a good way) and maybe I’ll have some better ones.

So happy new year everyone! I hope 2006 treats you better than 2005, unless 2005 was the bomb, then I hope 2006 at least lives up to it. Or screw it all and just live your life and count your blessings each day, because really, what more do we have?

No comments: