12 January 2006

blah? no, just boring

Has anyone else figured out that my life just hasn’t been that exciting lately? I mean, pictures of pies, procrastination lists, blah blah blog. Sorry. I wish I had more exciting things to report but alas, my life is just this exciting. Not.

So I’ve been reading. Read this. Then read this. I’m not going to comment yet because I’ve been trying desperately to sort it all out in my head. Soon though. But feel free to start. (p.s. the first one is long) (P.S. Reid - get a blogger ID, you don't need a blog, but get an ID and then you can comment. I'm guessing you'll have some thoughts on this one.)

But here are some thoughts (not related, but maybe) I’ve been toying with over the last couple of days:

Living in the past. Looking to the future. It’s interesting with people’s outlook on things. I know I have a problem with my own looking at the past and feeling negative about situations that have happened. Hopefully, I have learned something from those situations, but using them as a way to not do something else for the future worries me. I’m not making sense. Let me start here. E made a great comment on his blog: “Either people are going to buy into the future or they are going to sit on the around and bitch about the past. And the past isn’t where this is going to be anymore.” This is a fabulous statement which can apply to an individual, a relationship, a committee, a company, even a community. The trick is finding those who DO buy into the future and helping those bitching to see beyond the box.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I should just email you, but this works too. The articles were interesting...I'm still thinking about them.
I'm in LA and learning spanish- of which I still know very little but am forced to speak it exclusively in class (arg). The family I'm staying with is wonderful and they translate every thing for me- if they didn't it would be very hard for me to say much of anything.
I miss the cities...say HI to them for me...and say HI to the desk for me- I'm feeling a little infodesk-home sickness. Hope you're Jan. is going well.
Peace,
Karen

Anonymous said...

hmm..a few grammatical mistakes in my post. sorry.
karen

Anonymous said...

The articles are actually scary to consider. I think we have become so tolerant that right and wrong have become blurred. Black and white is turning to gray and life is just not that way.

The facts speak for themselves. I have no doubt that we are worrying about the wrong things. I would like to think Islamism is not the threat Steyn suggests, but the growth (all over the world) is awfully compelling. True, other religions evangelize all over the world, but in the same way?

Good stuff.