28 December 2005

Are we in epiphany yet? I need epiphany!

Christmas was awesome – my faboo roomies got me a cooling rack for all my baking, my sister and mom both got me flour sack towels (YAY!), and my sis got me a spoon rest! WOOHOO. Dave got me this AWESOME book – The Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. It’s incredible! Max had gotten me a GC to B&N so I got book 2 today. YAY! Debbie got me a great gift too – a Willow Tree figurine “with affection”. It’s really awesome. So tonight I’m taking down the Xmas tree and redistributing things on my coffee table. I got other awesome gifts too but I won’t bore you all – you know, all 4 of you who read this.

So Christmas has come and gone now and we’re moving into 2006. This is my week, or last few days, to get my life organized for the ‘year of 30’. So I have to go through finances and budgets and all that – one for taxes, but also because at the beginning of this year I made a vow to watch my finances and see just what the hell I’ve been spending money on. I was pretty good through March then I started to get lazy. So now I need to catch up – donations, checking, savings, Morty, food, etc. I really need to know what I’ve been spending each month so I can better plan for the future. SO that’s the plan this week – sort through all those receipts and checks and plan it out. I’m glad I have it somewhat started, now it’s just finalizing it. Doesn’t that sound like an excellent way to end the year? I think so.

No comments: