05 December 2005

a touch of the dry throat

RC commented to me (though he has yet to leave any comments here) :) this weekend that I had a touch of the ‘dry throat’ (as I put it) from Thanksgiving til last Thursday. True enough. But since then I’ve talked about what I am and vomit so I think I’ve made up for my lack of writing.

I’m feeling disillusioned. Is that the right word? Or maybe it’s just the lack of exercise. I’m just blah lately. I don’t get it. Maybe it stems from getting stood up for dinner last Monday, or not seeing the jazzy boy since last Sunday, or all this stuff for HO that I can’t get my head around, or the flat tire last week, or the holiday/family stress, or maybe it’s just the weather. I see out my ‘office’ windows that the sun is shining. Too bad it’ll be dark by the time I actually drive home.

I feel pathetic because in the grand scheme of things, these little things are so piddly that it seems a waste to think about them, yet somehow they are important, to someone. Maybe Stephanie has it right (see her last paragraph). Really i have a great life. i'm not stuck in the trenches (knock on wood), i'm not (completely) poor, i have food on my table and a roof (or two) over my head, i have good friends who i probably take advantage of and don't care about or honor like i should. for that i am sad. okay i'm sinking back to the abyss. Back to Stephanie's writing. more later when i'm not blah.

No comments: