19 December 2005

feeling slightly guilty…yet, not

Last Thursday we had our Advent Tea where we also honored HO on his years of service here. He’s retired now and he will be missed, though the new guy looks promising. Just before it all began, as folks were gathering, Kris put her arm around me and said, “it’s almost done.” And I began laughing – my mood has been sooo blah lately, but as the week went on last week, I steadily became happier. Is it because my xmas shopping is done (just need to mail a couple)? Is it because the weather was better? Maybe my list is getting checked off, one by one? Or maybe, just maybe, it’s because the students are finally leaving – well, now, they’re gone for the rest of the month.

Today quiet looms over the seminary…I’m hearing the buzzing of the lights for the first time in months. A few stranglers are about – including my sister’s husband’s cousin (how’s that for a Kevin Bacon moment). But mostly it’s quiet. I suppose this is a time to get a lot of work done, and as soon as I’m motivated, I intend to do just that.


This weekend was great – Friday night I went to Sponsel’s to hear/see the Jaztro’s play their Xmas show. Phenomenal! It’s always fun to hear them play and the boys really wailed, even without Mo. And Sponsel’s was great! I had never been there before, thinking it was a big conglomerate of apples, but it’s just so fabulous. Topper was amazing – as Joe called him: “the f-ing Willy Wonka of Apples”. Seriously. He gave us a bunch of different kinds to try – and remembering that they had been picked in September – they were still outstanding! As Luke said after Topper did a little jig when we figured out that the Live Music version had cinnamon and lemon hint to it, “That’s a man who loves his job.” I’m so adding it to my list to go to next fall! My pies will be downright fabulous!

Saturday night I went to Chad and Darren’s sweater party – or tacky Xmas sweater party as I like to call it. I don’t own one, thank goodness, so I just went to drink and socialize. I met a few new people, which was fun and got to hang out and sing Xmas Karaoke with Steve and Pete and Chad. Good times.

Sunday night (are you liking the play by play?) Anthony and Kendra had invited me over for dinner (salmon! Mmmm!). Again, good times and fun new people to hang with – Ross, Randy and Vanessa. Good eats, great banter, fabulous wine (It was one of those - thanks, Randy!).

All in all a fabulous weekend (oh and I finished the scarf I was working on and am almost halfway done with the next blanket).

No comments: