14 December 2005

a plethora of nonsense 2

I keep starting an entry and then I get interrupted and I never get it done…so now I have like 4 of these to put in so I’m going to put them all in at once. Enjoy.

Oh wait…to preface all this…I’ve still been blah so these may not be all that exciting. I’m really not liking this blah-ness. I have my moments of joy. I just can’t seem to find them lately. Maybe one will show up as I put these together. :)

Saturday
Saturday we had our ID Xmas party. As we waited for people to arrive I remembered last year’s with J-man anxiously waiting when he could go, e&k handing me the wine from every one, all the fun of watching people dig out their gifts in their stockings, the secret santa, and the fellowship. We had that this year, but only 3 workers showed up initially, another came a little later, and 2 weren’t able to come. It made me sad b/c we had it on a Saturday this year b/c it was the only time we could all meet (I thought) and b/c it wouldn’t be such a rush. BC, SH, RO and I sat around and talked and ate cookies and eventually opened presents. It was just the stockings this year and a few things Carol had. When KG showed up she started asking fun questions – like what are your plans for Xmas, what are your traditions, etc. And I have had nothing but great comments on the tangle toy gift this year. Everyone seems addicted! Woohoo! But I still miss the ol’ gang and the fun we had. This year’s was a little less than I had hoped. I guess it’s just time to start getting used to that.

Saturday night it was the LS Xmas party. Somehow, though I dreaded going, I was able to have a good time. Maybe it’s the Prez’s wife or maybe the Prez since he was kind of giggly that night (if that’s possible). Anyway, I had a couple drinks and the rest of the time a lot of diet coke. I also had straight-up chocolate (we had a fountain) which was good and hung out with Laure and Shawn toward the end of the evening. Apparently I had my game on that night since on Monday I was told at least one person thought I was ‘three-sheets to the wind’ (i.e. ‘drunk’ for you non-understanders of the ancient language of yore). Whatever. If he thought a little giggling and laughter is an indication of drunk, then he really hasn’t seen me out at Boom! with the gay boys after choir. AND he needs to get the stick out of his bottom and join the fun.

Learning to downsize
I am a packrat. (Not to be confused with this pack rat or especially this rat pack, of which I couldn’t be since I’m not a crooner, male, notoriously drunk, nor is this the 1950’s. Though I am a great fan of many of the original rat pack – which by the way did you know that the rat pack [frank, dean, sammy, etc] didn’t like that name and preferred be called the Summit because they were the top and they knew it? Well, now you know. And back to the packrat…) I know this. I’m admitting it. (Hello, my name is Moe and I am a packrat.) And it pains me everyday. The past few days I have been doing better in the email facet at least. I haven’t been keeping EVERY single email like I was. Instead I’ve been deleting things once I’m done with them. Then at the end of the day I empty my deleted items box and it’s so invigorating – just watch as those hundreds of emails (yes, seriously, hundreds! – you should see it when I actually take the time to clean out my sent items and other folders – insane!) going down the shoot. If only I had sound on this computer – I’d set it up with a toilet flush when I empty the folder. whoosh!

She was a what?!
So this weekend – the coming one, not the former one – is my friend Karla’s wedding. I’m sad because it’s in texas and I can’t afford to go, plus choir is singing the Vivaldi Gloria in church Sunday AM so I really shouldn’t go anyway. Karla was always great. She and I were in college together, one year, one day apart, so we’d celebrate our birthdays together (often with Gretchen too who was a day after me). Karla was a great friend – ever supportive, always fun, and great to be around. Maybe next year I’ll have to put up her Halloween picture the year she made her own costume. It was incredible. But not this week – her wedding is coming and she should be seen in white – not pink.

Zoo Inhabitants
KG just stopped by in high spirits, which is great considering its finals week. I’ve once again discovered our purpose here at the ID – to listen to the moaning and then encourage people to go get their work done and that they can get it done in the allotted timeframe they have procrastinated themselves down to. But for a current student sitting here at night during finals week that task can be daunting. KG said she showed up in really good spirits last night, but as people kept coming by and telling her how much they had left to do, the reality of everything SHE had left to do just began to weigh heavily on her and by the end of the night she was really down. Oh the trials and tribulations we folks in the cage go through. I’m going to have to bring out Lucy next year and the tip jar. This is ridiculous!


Thus endeth this installment of the constant blogging of moe. You’d think sometime I could just stick to one topic, but alas, my brain does not work that way.

7 comments:

Justin G said...

i would just like to point out that last year's xmas party was great...except for the fact that i never got anything from my secret santa....now i am not bitter, angry, or pissed off, but would really like an explanation why i had to sit and watch everyone else open their gifts with smiles on their face, while i sat there without one. now don't get me wrong...i enjoyed the gifts from moe, but felt a little left out. i never much liked the secret santa idea, and now i think i never will agree to be part of one again. i don't want to point fingers KG, because I know she was gone during that week, but i am pretty sure she had plenty of time between xmas and graduation when she KG could have given me something, anything, a hug, a handshake, a rock, a piece of corn, beans, snow, mud, a life, anything really, anything

jb said...

hey girl -- if it makes you feel any better, SS at my new place of employment was sub-par compared to last year at the ID, too ... i can't believe it's already been a year!!

kendi said...

all-
erik and i hung our id stockings up on our mantel because our other ones had not arrived yet. it made us smile as we thought of last year's party. jg, if you really want a gift, you should ask kg for a corkscrew. i hear they're hard to come by...

~moe~ said...

Justin honey - no one felt worse than I did at that whole SS thing last year. it didn't go as planned and when the one person backed out we should have canceled it all.

k is right though - ask for a corkscrew or a bottle opener. those are hard to find. :)

Justin G said...

who needs corkscrews! bring on the hammer

kendi said...

moe,
by the way, i found that test y'all were taking on m's site and here's my results:

clean, self revealing, open, organized, outgoing, social, enjoys leadership and managing others, dominant, makes friends easily, does not like to be alone, assertive, hard working, finisher, optimistic, positive, likes to stand out, likes large parties, respects authority, practical, high self esteem, perfectionist, dislikes chaos, busy, not familiar with the dark side of life, controlling, high self control, traditional, tough, likes to fit in, conforming, brutally honest, takes precautions

how can i like to fit and and like to stand out at the same time?

oh, and i beg to differ: i am SO familiar with the dark side of life. i just don't like it.

Anonymous said...

Great post.
If you’re looking for quick, healthy weight loss please visit Natural Weight Loss