11 October 2006

Caught – hook, line and sinker

Yep, I’ve been caught. Caught by the cold bug. Wow. It’s been awhile since I’ve been this sick, and this one did wipe me out. I ran home this weekend to say so-long to a couple friends leaving for a trip and somehow I caught a cold. Saturday it didn’t hit and even Sunday I was feeling okay, just a bit groggy and sniffly. But Monday. Oh Monday.

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day
Monday, Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday mornin' you gave me no warnin' of what was to be
That Monday evenin' you would still be here with me

Okay, so I took a little liberty with the verse but seriously…guh. I actually took a partial sick day. Yes, me, the workaholic of all workaholics (except maybe my mother who is officially retired yet still works more than I do), I took the afternoon off.

And what an afternoon it was – I went to Target and bought soup and movies to enjoy in my sickness but ended up sleeping from 1:30 til 6 straight through. *sigh* I guess needed it. Soup and sleep – those are the keys to happiness and health apparently.

But today I am feeling better. I still sound awful and I have the occasional moment of “why God why?” but for the most part I’m doing better. I just can’t wait to sleep again. And i hope I don't get sick again soon - since apparently it causes me to break into song.

3 comments:

kendi said...

so sorry you're sick, although i must say that i am proud of you for taking the sick day, even if it was only a partial one. i would take advantage of the time you have and just rest. if you get bored, you can always call me!

Ziz said...

eek that stinks. I hope you feel better soon. What movies did you buy? :)

~moe~ said...

Holy cow! Alicat commented on my blog! TOO COOL!

- I bought Forrest Gump - A friend of mine keeps quoting it and it's been awhile since I've watched it. And I bought The 40-year-old Virgin. fun fun.