15 July 2010

Duck!

After work yesterday I just wanted to cry. I was so tired, stressed, my body felt like it had been run over by a train, and I was looking longingly at my savings account wondering about just how long I could disappear to some foreign country before someone came looking for me or I ran out of money. I got a lot accomplished, but not all of the stuff I needed.

Part of my hang up is that I have to make a HUGE supply purchase for a couple people that just have not been high on my list lately. Some things they have done, or not done, comments they have made about me behind my back (blaming me for their mistake), have just left me with little desire to help them out with their stuff. Petty, I know. I’m being very petty. But part of the other side is that it’s a very complicated order and I hate when people make things complicated. I have to get it done today, and I know I’ll feel better when I do, but I’m just dreading every moment.

Life has been pretty stressful lately. Probably my own fault. If I could just master the duck concept I’d be fine. I’m still working on that though.

For now, I press forward.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUG!!! Hang in there!

CindaRu and Dustin Too! said...

My dear. Why do you always blame yourself for you stress, frustration and disappointment? Yes, granted, sometimes we are our own worst enemy. Yet, while I don't know the complete situation, I do know that you tend to take the weight of the world on your shoulders and the world is not your responsibility. You can only be responsible for your reactions and actions...
People are responsible for their actions as well. And when people's actions are less than responsible to someone else, well, it will leave you stressed and frustrated. You can only do what you can do...You job...And you only need to know that those who depend on you, do so, because they know you are reliable.
The world is not your problem.. and neither is the world's mood and happiness. Do what you can do.
Enough preaching. Hugs and head up. You will do what needs to get done. you rock like that!

Anonymous said...

Stress relief?
I was told once that fruit releaves stress, So I wheeled an orange at the person causing me stress and it actually worked.
Drinking is also a great stress release. Yelling out your window also works. Singing in your car is also great. When your singing you can't possibly think of what your stressed about.
good luck
call a friend
clueless