07 June 2007

To quote Ralphie, "Fuuuuuuuuddddddgggggeee"

Tomorrow marks 120 days until the race. Today, today's date, four months from it I will be running. I will be running my flabby butt and hoping to stay upright for 26.2 miles.

I'm scared. Some days more than others, some days less. Some days I wonder what the hell I was thinking when I signed up. I had no idea what I was getting into, and really today I still don't.

What is this going to be like? Hell on earth but with a glorious ending? Will I be able to make it? Am I just stupid? Yes.

I read a lot, which can be good and bad. I'm making plans of what I'm going to wear, how I'm going to pack my fuel belt (with accelerade!) and how often I'll drink/eat (i.e. Re-fuel). Debbie has said she'd cheer me on throughout the race, and be there at the end with whatever I need (endurox, flip flops, new socks and watermelon – and maybe a towel).

What's bad is that I have the ending planned, but I just don't know how the actual event is going to take place. I have 4 months. FOUR months. Just 120 days.

120 days.

2 comments:

Justin G said...

keep working kid- you can do it and you will do it because you are wondderful

Sophzilla said...

Moe! You groovy chick! I'm in total awe. You'll do great. Don't hurt anything or Krista will be mad. ;) Yay for you!