07 June 2007

Interesting Twist

So a few months ago NBC pulled Studio 60 off the air for The Black Donnelly's and rightfully so since for some stupid reason people didn't watch the show even though it was artfully and intelligently written.

But ironically now is the time when the start getting into the tougher issues – like the war and, my favorite, the difference between a Soldier and an Airman. (one works for the Army, one for the Air Force – can you guess which?).*

What pisses me off is that all these issues they are bringing in now at the end – Jordan with her rough pregnancy, the cord around the baby's neck, the kidnapping of Tom's brother, how to show the information on the news, what about the other two Airmen kidnapped (not just Tom's brother), etc. - all these issues could have sucked more people in and maybe saved the show.

It took me awhile to get into the West Wing when it was on, but a class project on Ethics and the Bible and Luther pulled me into it. Unfortunately I haven't watched all the seasons, but bits and pieces of most. (Someday I'll actually rent them all and watch them). Aaron Sorkin is a brilliant writer, and the actors were phenomenal. I see no difference with Studio60. It's brilliantly written again and just so good! (It's late and I'm running out of adjectives.)

Anyway, there are about 4 episodes left, I'm guessing, so if you'd like to witness some great TV before it disappears into neverland, check it out, Thursdays 9/8central.

*Seriously, I hate when Airmen are called Soldiers, and vice versa.

No comments: