28 June 2007

Rambling confessions

TV

I love “The Starter Wife” on usanetwork. This is such a great show! I'm sad tonight is the season finale (after only a few short weeks! - why? Why would they do that?)

(Spoiler alert) I really do love that Molly woke up with Lou. Lou is so awesome. For some reason I find him so attractive. I shouldn't but I do. I can't help it. I'm allowed a crush, aren't I? Holy crap, Lou even mentioned the 'wife' word! WOW! And yet in the end, she lets him go. I totally understand wanting to start over anew on your own, but man! Lou is so great!

Reading between the lines.

I also love watching tv shows with closed captioning on...it's one of those things I do (it annoys my friends, but then I don't miss anything). But on some of the tv shows they actually have lines that show up on CC that don't actually get said. It's great. It kind of adds to the show and you wonder if they meant for it to be a voice over or if the character just forgot to say it or maybe the sound track didn't work for a bit or something. It's fun.

PB love

I've recently discovered PB Loco. Mmm good. That's all I've got to say about that. Except this: try it! If you live in TC, check it out at the mall of death (I actually haven't been there specifically, (the PB Loco store, not the mall of death) but I hear it's great!).

Running

I love running. Today was the best day ever. To quote James: What a beautiful day. Warm Sun, beautiful women, and the air... is just right... for drinking. Anyway...it was a great day. TC is looming closer and closer every second. And every second I start to freak out a little bit more. Today's run gives me a bit of hope, especially considering I haven't run since Friday since I've been sick. Maybe taking a few days off was good for me. The experts say not to underestimate rest days (of course, I think they only talk about one day off, not 5). But it was one of those runs where the first two miles I felt like the sidewalk was springy and helping me bounce right back up...rising up to meet my feet, or something like that. Sunday at Mark's party during the question game, one of the questions was “what makes you feel alive” and my answer was running. Most of the guys said it made them tired, which yes it does do that to me too, but while I'm running I can't help but think about JB's comment where it's just amazing what we can do. God really has done something amazing with these things we call bodies. I'm excited I can do it. I love that I can run. Someday I'll get back into the weights (funny how that's changed for me in life – I used to just lift all the time and hated cardio...now I just run, weird.).

Moments of Clarity

I'm back in contact lenses. Some of you may have never seen me with contacts. Lucky you! Last Friday my prescription sunglasses broke at Z's game and I was blinded the rest of the night. Luckily, I picked up my new contacts the next morning and headed to Lewis Drug for sunglasses. It's nice to be able to really see again. Not that my glasses were bad, but really they weren't the best. Scratches and 4 years old is not the best way to look at life. The bad thing is my contacts make my eyes red, so I always look hungover. I guess I'll just have to start drinking heavily at night so that will be true. They say the eyes tell no lies, I'd hate to make liars out of them.

London, baby!

I miss London. Megan wrote about some of her favorites today (or at least I read it today). I really loved being in London when I was (1998, 1999 – 10 days each). The shows, the sights, the life. It was great. I want to go back.

More TV

I'm really sad that tonight is the last night for Studio 60. This is so crappy that it's ending. “She missed 'grimace'.” But all the loose ends are tied up – Danny and Jordan are together, Mark was saved by a very successful rescue mission, Matt and Harry are back together. Sigh Isn't it nice how they can clear everything up? If only they were continuing the show... but enough of that.

6 comments:

jb said...

no more glasses? good for you -- one of my least favorite parts of running is my glasses. sigh.

i'm so glad you LOVE running! :) i think my leg is finally about fully recovered and i've been thinking about our october event! yay!

i notice there was no mention in your post about "top chef" ... sigh.

~moe~ said...

Ah, sorry...I haven't gotten deep enough into top chef yet. I did see Ratatouille tonight, if that helps.

And re-reading my post makes me realize I need a thesaurus (and a dictionary) because almost everything was "great!"

Sophzilla said...

I love your free-wheelin' post! I'm am a bit sorry you wrote about PB Loco. It sounds heavenly! [eyes rolling back in head] Too bad it's at the behemoth.

~moe~ said...

Sophzilla - I know! I hate that place, (the mall, not PB Loco), but you can order the PB online and have it for your very own without ever having to step into the evil place. :)

Megan said...

So come on out to London. We've got a fold-out. I like showing people around. The weather's crap lately, but hey! Rain in London is still in London, right? ;)

Sarah said...

I LOVE the starter wife too!!!! I have it taped and haven't gotten to watch the last two episodes.. that's on tomorrows agenda. That and trying to get rid of my tan lines already.. opps!

I miss you. I will try to be better about keeping in contact this month. Last month was just completely crazy. What happened to June?!?!?!