27 October 2010

Wow...where have I been?

I just got a little shock as I looked at my history and realized that I haven't been writing much at all this month (year). That's sad, because I like writing, but I don't have a good place to do it right now. Nor have I had the time.

After the marathon, I took a few days off from everything but work and then I started packing and boxing up my life so I could move to MS's. Every waking moment, it seems, has been devoted to packing and moving and resettling at his house. It's been great because I know the outcome will be my sanity of living in one place so I can focus on other important things in my life - like running.

But so far, I'm still packing. Well, not right now because I'm on a work trip. Blech. But time is running out. Not that my lease is up because it's not actually up until the end of November (a poor timing issue on my part), but I really want to be out before Veteran's Day so I don't have to think about it the rest of November. MS and I have a trip planned (I need a vacation) and then he works every other day when we get back which doesn't leave a lot of time for packing and moving. Plus, I'm just ready to be done. D.U.N. DONE.

I'm really excited for this next chapter in my life and I think it's helping MS too. We've been in a Discardia mood - sorting, rearranging and organizing. We fixed up my office on Monday...MS spending 3 1/2 hours helping me clean, sort and reorganize. I love my updated digs! I've been really focused and motivated for work lately and it's rubbing off on MS. He spent the last two days going through all my kitchen stuff and all of his rearranging and organizing our kitchen. Of course, he's putting things where it makes sense for him...but since I'm the baker/cook between us, I may have to move a few things to make it make sense for me. :) It's not like I'd rearrange the garage. :)

But back to the original thought for this blog. I'm hoping that once I can get settled I can get back to writing a bit each night. I miss it, and it's good therapy for my soul. :) Plus if I ever want to really write, I need to get into a groove and do it on a regular basis. It's just like running. You can't just lace up shoes and expect to finish a marathon without training. Well, you can...but it won't be pretty. Likewise with writing. While I can just start typing and a product would be produced, it won't be pretty. And I wouldn't mind if I could get something else pretty in my life.

No comments: