30 January 2010

I'm back!

Ah, the last two weeks have been wonderful and in some ways I'm sad I'm back but I guess normalcy has its benefits, too.

So I had a work trip, which is why I was gone, and MS came along with me. Normally he wouldn't but the location was just a bit too nice to not join me. My work took me to Hawaii for the last two weeks and I must say it was a nice warm welcome from this frigid winter we've been having.


Luckily, MS used to live in Hawaii, eons ago, so he was my tour guide (and a very good one at that). We hit all the highlights: Pearl Harbor, the beaches, a luau, etc. We played a lot of cribbage (as is our custom) and relaxed. I worked when I was required, but didn't work extra (as I normally would have if I had been on my own), and I was actually okay with that.

I discovered that I really am an ocean girl instead of a lake girl. I like the ocean and the sandy beaches. We taunted the local wildlife* (below) and just had a nice vacay.



I'm excited to go back someday. We found a lot of places we want to go to again, and some places we missed. Hopefully soon we can.

For now, I'm back, I'm cold, and that's normal with the world. And it helps that I'm re-energized for my job again. I discovered that I do know more than I thought I did, and that I can get things accomplished. I have a task list of about 24 things for Monday alone and I'm actually excited to get started on them. I'd go in today if I didn't think MS would kill me. :) I can wait a couple days.

*That's a crab in case you couldn't see it...he's on the left as you look at the photo. :)

1 comment:

KJ said...

Yay, you're back! Wow, Hawaii! Nice. Glad you got a bit of a break and had fun!