07 January 2010

3 yr Anniversary

So Boss1 walks in this afternoon and says, "You've been here three years today." I said, "what? Oh yeah!"

It's very cool because I got two raises today. The yearly one, and then another for my step up on my job scale.

I'm really excited about this because I want to start saving more this year. I'm not sure if I'll need a new car soon, or if I'll have vacations I need to go on, or if I'll just need extra cash for various events or something, but I want to be ready.

I don't like dealing with money, which is why I hired AES to take care of most of my retirement stuff, but my current cash flow is something I need to get a better handle on.

It's a good resolution for the year, right? Isn't that one of the top 5 people do each year?

Anyway, happy anniversary to me. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats and happy anniversary!! This week I marked the 9th year in my current position, sadly I get no pay raises! :-)

CindaRu and Dustin Too! said...

Congratulations. And, if you find you are living well off of your current pay. It might be a good time, before you have gotten to use spending it. To save the new surplus or at least part of it. Paying off any debt would be wise as well, but do some saving too.
That's the nice thing about the raise. If you are living fine without it, it's a good opportunity, but do one nice, fun thing for yourself anyway! have a great one!

KJ said...

You're awesome.