28 June 2005

Storm...

You gotta love Minnesota summer storms. Lightning, thunder, power outages...it's just a joy. Especially when your phone shorts out - again - and somehow a call is made from your phone to 911 so a friendly (we hope) neighborhood peace officer comes knocking, no wait... POUNDING at your door at 4:22 AM. It's such a joy when he shines lights in your neighbor's bedroom window, and then rings your doorbell but scampers off before you can see who it is through the peep hole.

Yes, friends, such a situation happened to me this fine morning. The A's and I were totally freaked out so we DID call 911, explained the situation and hung up. Then 911 called back and said that I apparently had made a call to them which was why they came by to see if anything was wrong. But when I went downstairs and checked my phone all I had was static - again. This is starting to get really frustrating. One more chance for these folks and then I'm going to go strictly cell.

But the storm was pretty cool. It was one of those few times I wished I had windows so I could have watched instead of just listening or having to go upstairs and open the door to watch. Oh well...someday I'll have a window.

Three afternoons to go...It's becoming a little surreal. I'm not sure what my life will hold when I'm finished in SemRel. It'll be odd not going across the street each afternoon, and though I rarely used them, since I eat in 5 mintues, I will miss the 90 minute lunches. ;) But it'll be good to get back to Events full time. CA and I have some plans of things we want to do with our department and sections. With me back full-time, hopefully we can do some of them and help put Luther on the map! :)

No comments: