22 June 2005

Friends

Suddenly I have Garth Brooks in my head, "I have Friends in Low places..." but it is SO not fitting today. My friends aren't LOW. They are so cool! Tuesday night J, A, K, E and L and I all went out for supper, and then K, E and I continued on for a night of drinking and fellowship. Supper was great. L is just a cutie and SO like his father, which is a little scary :) . What's even more surprising is that K,E and I went to visit J last night at his workplace. OMIGOSH! I went out two nights in a row! And stayed up past 10:30! Whoa...the world must be coming to an end.

What was really amazing to me, not surprising though, is that these folks, these amazing individuals and couples are incredibly intelligent and venturing into a completely new realm of their life. They are taking the chance, heading back out in the world (not that they haven't been there already since these are the most level-headed people I know) and starting their lives anew. What's also wonderful is that they want to include me in their journey. K or was it E had a brilliant plan last night to begin a community of 6 people: J, E, K, J, E and me to have a joint journal in which we can comment and discover and discuss their lives post-seminary. They're including me which is great because then I can stay connected wtih them. It's amazing the plans that transpire over drinks at a bar. :)

Well...a couple blogs ago I mentioned I was going to take a step toward being my own person. Step one was telling Dana to hold off on introducing R to me (he's been trying to set us up for the last couple months but schedules just haven't worked) - but the main reason on holding off is because I just need to be me for awhile... Step two was ordering my tickets for next year. I ordered my season tickets for the Guthrie - 5-play packet plus Macbeth and Measure for Measure. A chunk of change, but I think for 12 months of entertainment prepaid it actually will be good. Plus they are assigning me a night so it will be on my calendar and i can't back out! YAY! I also got the 4-pack for the SPCO again, but only because they gave me 3 vouchers for the tickets I didn't use last year. So 7 tickets at about $17 each, too good to pass up. Step three is going out more. Obviously I'm doing well so far this week. I also found a music/movie night at district del sol which I'm planning to partake in.

It's an exciting time...one part-time job will be done in a week and I will be free of all extra activities associated with it. Freedom is coming! I feel like Paul Revere - "Freedom is coming! Freedom is coming!"

No comments: