22 February 2005

Knitting Knots

I'm working on a baby blanket for a friend's daughter who's due to pop March 30. Joan wanted the blanket to have 2 colors - red and white - and I being a novice when it comes to knitting was a little worried to work in two colors. BUT luckily in my Extra Easy patterns book from 1977 I found a pretty cool pattern to use. It had been going pretty well until last night. Maybe it was the pressure of a deadline (Friday!) or maybe I just wasn't concentrating like I should have been, but it got all jacked up. So me being the brilliant one, I decided to pull out the red that was screwed up and start over, only I didn't realize I'd have to put all the loops back on the needle! Silly girl. SO that was a test in itself and I still am one stitch short. Oh well. It's a challenge which is fun, and I have 2 nights left to finish it up. YAY!

No comments: