21 February 2005

Future

Everyone, it seems, is concerned for my future. Granted I do have my master's (finally!) but it's not something I'll probably ever use, at least it doesn't seem that way. I mean, really, what do you do with a MA in Old Testament? I can barely read Hebrew anymore, though I could probably pick it up again if I needed to. I still love reading the books, don't get me wrong, but to take it beyond that...I don't know.

One of my former profs asked me today to meet with him sometime soon for 45 minutes to talk about things: my strengths, future, passions, etc. He said he doesn't know if God and I have worked out a plan for my future yet. Of course, my reply was that God and I haven't talked about that lately. :) So we're going to meet and try to work out some things. Rollie, the prof, said he sees things in me - leadership and has some thoughts about where I could work in the church - so I guess we'll have to meet and see.

But here's my question: How do you really know what your passion is? How do you discover it? I'm involved in so much and i like what I do, but do I have a passion for it? I don't know. What if what you think is your passion, turns out to be something completely wrong?

No comments: