15 October 2011

Running with friends

Got to run with my friend, Eric H., today! Woot! We haven't seen each other in few years (since grad school) so we spent a lot of the run talking, which is great for people who can run fast and talk. I'm not one of those, so I struggled and made Eric walk a lot more than he usually does. But it was great to catch up! And a beautiful day for a run.

One fun moment, we're coming to the end of our run so I wasn't sure if I was hallucinating or not, but I could have swore I saw a woman on a bike coming toward us with a snowy owl on her shoulder. Then I thought it must just be a white plastic bag wrapped around something and sticking out of her backpack. But THEN as she got closer it turned out to BE a bird - a parrot we decided - a white one. We weren't sure but it sure looked that way, so Eric turned around to confirm. Yep! How insane is that? And of course, neither of us had a camera so you'll have to take our word on it.

Eric also brought me a scotcheroo as a treat. Each Thursday he goes to his local coffee place and has a scotcheroo and posts this on FaceBook. So every Thursday I "live vicariously" through him. Long story, but that was a tasty way to finish a great run. Now I owe him cookies. :)

No comments: