25 April 2007

Light Headed

I’m feeling light headed today. Partially because I haven’t been sleeping well lately. Well, I take that back – I have been sleeping great, like a rock even (if rocks sleep – they roll, which I also do, but not sure about the sleeping) when I actually am asleep, but I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night a lot lately. And that’s due to several factors: 1) I keep my window open at night to cool down my 3rd floor apartment (sometimes I miss living in the cold basement), 2) because the window is open I can hear everything going on in the parking lots and roadways right outside – there are more car alarms and police/emergency sirens here than there ever were in the cities, and 3) I just seem to wake up easily in the middle of the night – probably because of #1 and #2.

Anyway, so the light headedness is stemming from my just now purchase of a computer. Ugh, clicking that Confirm Order button with that massive amount of $$ attached to a tiny piece of equipment is killing me. I’m trying to counteract it with donating to American Idol’s “Idol Gives Back” charity fundraiser today, but that’s probably part of the light headedness – I’m not donating oodles of money to that, but I’ll shell it out for a computer. Where are my priorities? Seriously?

Lord knows, I don’t NEED a computer – wanting and needing and two different things. I want a computer. I haven’t blogged in ages, except for these rare occurrences where I type an email to myself and then will upload it whenever I can get to the library. I miss blogging. I miss checking in with my friends this way. I miss checking email.

But I don’t miss leaving the computer at work and not dealing with it when I get home at night. I really like not having to think about that. I’m a workaholic anyway, so ordering a device that could allow me to do some work from home is a little nerve wracking. I like being able to just leave my apartment whenever without the thought, “Well maybe I should just check once more to see if anyone wrote me or commented on my blog” which always turns into another 30 minutes of surfing or just the depressing feeling (when there aren’t emails or comments) that I’m really not as cool as I sometimes think I am.

But whatever, I guess. I’ve done it. I’ve ordered the computer which will be handy to have at home, granted, and I’ll get set up with broadband which will make things supposedly run super fast and then I’ll have it at my fingertips. And soon all my faithful readers will be once again inundated with overwhelming entries of nothingness.

No comments: