11 April 2005

Weekend update with ... MOE!

Friday kicked butt! It was so awesome! Rumblings was just a hands down incredible show. The movement, the dancers, the soloists...wow! Tom Linker is an incredible composer too. It was great. I can't wait to go next year! Oh, and watching half naked men dance around in blue jeans was quite nice. :)

Saturday night was ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! WOW! I love Britten's War Requiem anyway, but the tenor soloist really stole the show. James Taylor, not the pop singer, has this clear, smooth unlike-any-other tenor voice I've heard. He was so pure and un-nasal...it was beautiful! He could sing me to sleep anytime. In fact, as Beth and I used to say, I'd sleep with that voice. :) wow.

Sunday was good. Church went well and the C&S event went well too. But now today, I'm SO tired...I could have slept til noon...or at least 9 since sleeping til 7:30 is really sleeping in for me.

The rest of my week is really filling up...tomorrow night Mary and Mary Ann and i are going to the Guthrie for "As You Like It". I'm a little sad that Tom isn't here to go with me again. "AYLI" was my first-ever Guthrie show when Tom and I road tripped up to the cities my 2nd year of college. What a bonding time for us! He's so great!

Wednesday is choir again and Thursday I head home for a week of guards. Craziness. Oh well, today is Emmy's birthday so at least it's a good day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMMY BEAR! :)

No comments: