23 April 2005

bad blogger

A few of my friends have felt that they are bad bloggers recently. Erik started it, but then Erik always starts it. :) just kidding, Erik! But I find it funny Justin felt bad too, and now I'm feeling guilty for not writing in a week, too! I have a legitimate excuse, none of this senioritis stuff...I've just been out of town.

Last Thursday through Thursday I was at guards in exciting SoDak (as we SoDakian's like to call it). The first day was awful, I felt micro-managed and annoyed the entire day and then was told at the end of it that I just need to learn to let the stress roll off my back and learn to take orders (which they called 'suggestions'). I think I was just really tired after working 15 hours and then driving home 4 hours. But a hot bath and a rum and coke worked wonders! The rest of the time was okay. Our special edition of the paper turned out smashingly! (I'd show you but then I'd have to kill you).

Wednesday night I went to Lisa and Ryan's so I could give Emmy her birthday present(s). She was really cute that night and my nephew Zach entertained us all with statistics on the states. "Hey, Aunt Sara, did you know..." and then he'd start with whatever he had just read about the state of Alaska or Minnesota or South Dakota from his state coin booklet. That boy just sucks in information like there's no tomorrow. All while Emmy (im)patiently waits her turn to open her presents. Very cute.

So now today I'm working at the desk for a few hours and then heading to Mary's to watch Collateral with Nick and Mary. This and next weekend are pretty much my only weekends 'free' until Memorial Day weekend. But Jay's coming in the middle of those which will be good.

Oh! And today is Mikey Widner's b-day! Happy Day Mikey! :)

No comments: