31 December 2007

See ya next month

I've mentioned before how vacations aren't a good thing for me, unless I have some sort of itinerary I end up doing very little. Sometimes this is a good thing, but most of the time for me it's not. Oh well. Such is life.

So I'm working on my Christmas letter - yeah I still don't have them finished, in fact it'll probably become an Epiphany letter instead. The latter is probably more appropriate since my new year began around Epiphany last year with start of my new job. But I thought to help my writing of that I should recap a few highlights here:

In January I said goodbye to the cities and hello to back home. I started my new job, which everyone knows by now that I love. I started my job quickly, jumping in with both feet and haven't stopped since. It's been great.

February was monumental. I tried sushi for the first time with my awesome friends K&E and I made a few goals for the year. I actually accomplished some of them which makes me glad.

May was another monumental month: I finally got my computer, I signed up for the TC marathon and I ran a 10K. I also went up to the cities to see my friends and spend some time at graduation. It was a good month overall.

June took me south of town to see my nephew and niece play a lot of baseball and tee-ball. I'm so glad I'm here so I can see them. I also started wearing my contacts again for the first time in several years. It's been great for running.

July was a crazy month. It started off rough but I got my new camera and then spent two weeks in the Black Hills, getting to see fabulous Karen and spend sometime in the middle of nowhere.

August began with a tragedy in the Cities. But my life was blessed as Sarah and Eric got hitched. And then I popped my cherry and made it to the lake with the cool kids for the first time ever.

In September I took my nephew to the cities to see the Indians triumph over the Twins. Z was just excited to be at the Dome. I have a feeling we'll be going again. I also designed my new office and stressed about the upcoming race. How did I survive?

I don't remember much about October, other than this. Did anything else actually happen?

November was NaBloPoMo again and for once I actually had a lot to write about. Not sure why, but I did. I am participating in Pay It Forward - the Blog Version as well. To my winners, I am working on your items! I promise you'll get them within 365. I think I talked a lot about my job this month too...like how much I love it? Yeah. I did.

This month has been a good month. New furniture, new promotion, and trying to organize my life. Let's hope 2008 goes as well.

Blessings to you all!

1 comment:

L*I*S*A said...

You had a busy year!! Here's to ringing in a new one!