23 November 2008

Lefse!

Today I headed over to Tre's mom's (aka my second mom) house to learn how to make Lefse today. Despite being very Norwegian, this was not a delectable treat we made at home, mostly because we never really liked it. Plus Aunt Pearl made it better than anyone so why even try.

We were more of a flat bread and krumkake family, and I have those down like a habit. The flat bread training really came in handy today because rolling out lefse is just like rolling out flat bread, just not as thin. It took me a little bit but I started to get it down and taught Mom2 and Tre how to fix holes and tears while the dough was on the griddle.

But I, of course, have to document things so I made Tre take some pics of me. So here you go.



I look really fat in that above photo, but trust me, the smock was really big and flew around a lot. Did you notice the Diet Coke with Splenda on the counter? That's mine, baby. WOOHOO!

Rolling out the dough!


This was a lot of fun and I'm glad I went. Maybe this will start a new tradition for the winter season. Next weekend is my krumkake weekend. I know the guys at work will be ecstatic.

1 comment:

KJ said...

Awwww, Moe! Pictures! Yay!

I was JUST thinking that it was getting to be krumcake season. Maybe you'll post me a tutorial this year!

Did you know that I'm 1/4 Norwegian? I should know these things.