18 November 2008

Have you hugged your kid today?

I don't have children. But I do have 8 nieces and nephews and one adorable Goddaughter. I love these kids immensely. I would never, could never do anything to harm any of them. I feel horrible if I inadvertently say something stupid that might hurt their feelings. I love them all so much.

How and why do people hurt children? How and why do people hurt each other? I don't understand. I can't comprehend.

I'm in this sexual assault prevention and response class this week and it's intense. Today we saw pictures of examples of trauma and injuries that can, do and have happened to victims. Some of these pictures are horrific and made me sick to my stomach. To see the torture and pain inflicted on people all for what? a power trip? is disturbing.

And it scares me. And it saddens me. And I'm overwhelmed with the pain I'm feeling because of what has happened to these children, women and men.

So please, if you have a child...please give them a hug and tell them you love them. That's what kids need to hear. They need to know that there is love in the world because so many people are missing this important point in human life. And if you're willing, give them a hug for me too. *virtual hug*

1 comment:

KJ said...

My boy gets more lovies than he could ask for.

I know what you mean - it is crazy how much insanity is out there, how twisted so many minds are.