05 November 2006

Gobble, gobble - literally

Last night my work had a big fall celebration complete with turkey, stuffing, ham, mashed potatoes, corn, and all the other stuff people eat this time of year. I’ve been at this job for a while now, but I have never attended this event. It’s not my thing, really, especially after spending all day working and stressing out over deadlines and work power struggles. But I will admit (my goodness, I can’t believe I’m writing this) I actually had a good time.

Since families were invited I drug my mother along. We ate with my boss and his wife and adorable children, I got to feed the little one and hold him most of the night, there were door prizes of which I was the first winner (it’s a gift, really, how I can win door prizes almost every time), and yes, there was dancing.

One of our co-workers has a DJ/Karaoke gig that he does on the side. At one point he brought up all the kids and their parents and we did the hokey pokey and the chicken dance…very essential for any party. My boss had brought his freakin’ awesome camera along so I tried to play photographer and get some shots. Hopefully they turned out.

It was a good time, running into old friends and former workers (yes, retired folks are invited too), having a drink purchased by the boss-man, playing with the kids and just general merriment.

Disclaimer: This in no way guarantees I will be attending ever again in the future, but does not prove that I won’t either.

No comments: