27 June 2010

So I've been a little out of touch

I can't believe it's been 11 days since I last posted, or something like that...I can't count today - my brain is mush.

Anyway, I've been at a youth camp this week for work. It's fun because I get to play photographer for a week and not really have to be a counselor. And I get to sort of camp, which is fun too. Of course we don't cook our food over a fire, because with 97 kids that would be a little tough.

But every year I make the same mistake. I overpack. This year it was extra t-shirts and an extra pair of shorts that I didn't need (actually a couple extra pairs). Last year I had brought running clothes and ran twice that whole week. This week I decided not to run, so at least I didn't pack extra for that.

I don't know why I do this. As a 'staff' member of the camp I wear red shirts all week long. I wouldn't have to wear them all week long, but since I'm not assigned to a specific group of kids it's easier if I do wear red so they know who I am. And I have plenty of shirts to last the week, with even a couple extra. So why I pack more than I need, I do not know.

So I'm packing another box, marking it as youth camp and hopefully next year I won't do the same thing.

I'm glad camp is over, that's for sure, but now my real work begins. Running around taking pictures is one thing; but now I have to sort through all 1800 and find the right ones for the yearbook I get to put together. I didn't do the book last year, the intern did, so I'm a little out of practice. I'm sure it'll all come back to me soon...right?

No comments: