14 March 2006

Well, that's done

Okay, so the meeting is done and over and I’m back to my normal place in life – at least for the time-being. No pressure or anything but the meeting was with R, R, L, KS and DD was supposed to be there but he was sick. UGH! But RN ran the conversation/interview nicely and I didn’t feel too overwhelmed, though I was shaking in my boots walking upstairs. (rac, you were right – apparently they’ve been watching me for a couple years now…weird)


So anyway, the conversation went very well – with no set expectations on either side…they know that I understand that I may not be offered the position, and I know that they understand that if they do I may not take it. They had asked about starting date, and L and I had talked about April 1, which to be fair to Carol would be the soonest I would feel comfortable leaving, and even that seems quick at this stage. RN said they won’t probably have a decision made now until next week, (due to some outside complications) but they would be in contact with me then about the progress and a start date may have to be changed or will at least be part of their discernment for the candidate.

We had a good discussion about the guard situation – and they were open to looking at different options – perhaps each person taking their turn a bit more and not relying completely on the assistant position.

Here’s a funny thought I just had – if I was offered and took the Program Assistant position I’d be a PA here too! Hahaha…I’m a dork.

Ahem…focus…so anyway…it was good to meet with them. If I do get offered and do decide to take the job, it’s going to be very hard leaving here, but maybe that’s a good thing, too. At least it means I’ve enjoyed my job here so much that it’s not an easy decision to make – if I was running from the job and wanting to start tomorrow, I guess as a possible employer I’d be worried about who I was taking on, but that’s just me.

So again – thank you to all who have helped me and prayed for me through this process. I couldn’t have done it without you (obviously). I value all of your opinions so much and it was comforting to know that I could ask you anything and you would be frank, open and honest. You are all valued deeply to me. Thank you!

3 comments:

Justin G said...

great!

Karen Elizabeth said...

yep, you're a rock star...from south dakota...could your life be any more glam?

Chad K said...

Well, breath deep and trust. This sounds like its been a good soul searching time. It is good to have those times no matter what the results are. Paz